Development News #68 - Optimization and Improvements - are never enough.
You can expect an MMO patch later today. We’re glad to announce that we have reached a significant breakthrough in the client and server side
physics calculations optimization (especially inside forests). This should greatly improve performance of both the server and client. Other
content contained in the patch is listed below:
- Client side collision detection optimized. There are some visual side effects possible. Please let us know if you experience this!
- New Web Map implemented! In the game and on our site you will see the same map now. We plan to add a lot of new functionality to it later on.
- Reverted back to the “Hollywood night” where you can see things much clearer. We had a lot of discussions about it internally and externally and our decision is final.
- All minigames are working on HTML5 now. That should add more stability to the client side and better overall performance of both minigames and the game client.
- You should no longer see camera trembling while turning your horse
- Added a “Simple Cloth” resource that is available in the early stages of the game
- Instanced battles list management should not produce much lag now
- You can use Global Search for all goods across all Trade Posts on the continent now (at last!). The synergy with the new map updates will allow you to see exactly where trade posts are located when travelling to buy or sell your goods
— The team
Development News #69 - Horse Carts: So Close, So ‘Soon™’
One of your most frequently requested features, which has been in development for a looong time, is at the finish line right now. You can expect horsedrawn carts to be patched into the game ‘Soon™’.
It is actually quite a complex feature, where four types of entities
(horse, cart, player, movable objects) within the game have to interact
with each other in a straight and logical way. This is the main reason
why this feature has taken so long to implement.
We’re excited to share a peek at the current state of this feature as it looks now:
We have also implemented even more optimizations for the instanced battle servers in order to minimize the amount of lag during these huge battles. We want to thank all of our players, who have regularly organized stress test battles every weekend, and even some on workdays, to help us stabilize and improve this feature!
— The team